How Can Geofencing In Chandler Integrate With Home Security?
Modern residential security solutions are getting more capable every year. Even so, you may still neglect to perform easy security tasks like turning on your a security system, shutting the garage door, or even securing your front door.
Would you like it if you never had to concern yourself with these chores ever again? When you implement geofencing in Chandler, you can just drive off to work and have your security system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Chandler For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual border a set distance from your house, which you may customize within your cell phone app. The technology then utilizes your mobile device to see when you go past the boundary and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart implements utilize to interact with other connected equipment. The technology aids your security system by putting all devices onto a single network. You can set up specific boundaries along the perimeter of your property and assign the specific actions you want to occur when you move beyond the boundary.
To illustrate, when you exit your driveway, you may set your security system to secure your front and back doors, lower the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing will notify your system to disable the alarm, open the garage, turn on lights, and even alter your smart thermostat.
Below are several of the technologies you may control with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Various electronics such as Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With ADT Control
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways to use your home security system in Chandler. When accessing the ADT Control app, you have the ability to make the most of home automation. Just tap your phone, and you are able to:
● Set schedules: arrange your smart components to operate at a specific time. Instruct your lighting to lower to indicate that it's time for bed, or disengage your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make particular components activate when another element is triggered. Instruct your thermostat to switch on the exhaust fan when a smoke detector trips. Or turn on your smart bulb in the hallway when your security camera notices abnormal activity around your property.
● Preprogram scenes: Create scenes featuring various devices that function in concert with each other. Have your lighting turn off, the thermostat go down, and the smart locks bolt when it's time for bed. Or program the system for movie night with the right light and thermostat settings.
● Take advantage of geofencing: There may be times when you fail to arm your alarm system if you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing functionality and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and put down the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Chandler
Whether you desire additional peace-of-mind of a safe, secure home whenever you drive away or you would like to automate your smart home technology, geofencing can help. Speak with one of our representatives today at (480) 608-0063 or submit the following form to get started on your ideal security system.