Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Chandler
You understand you need to defend your home. Above all else, it provides shelter for your loved ones and is where you have all of your valuables. But what type of home security is right for you? Determining if you should get 24-hour monitoring is one of the leading considerations you will make. Explore the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Chandler and see what’s ideal for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you select round-the-clock monitoring, your home security system bridges to a third-party monitoring service that is set to provide help at all times. When a window sensor trips or a fire alarm begins beeping, your monitoring professionals are issued an instant warning. They quickly take action to confirm the alarm and send the applicable emergency services.
On the contrary, an unmonitored home defense doesn’t come with a backup team. You might think of this option as self-monitored, which means that if an alarm sounds, you need to act to get it resolved. This choice is the more affordable solution, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Chandler
Here’s a short look at the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having a backup at the ready is always smart. If you are away from home, asleep, or don’t have your phone, your property and its inhabitants will still be protected.
- Quicker response: Monitoring specialists are always standing by to help. They’ll reply more quickly to incidents than you can alone.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security could qualify you for a homeowners insurance reduction.
- Superior tools and flawless integration: When you get equipment, installation, and monitoring from a trusted home security provider, you will enjoy a fully connected system with devices that may be better than what you will find yourself.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will pay a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Typically required to get a professional install: Many people would prefer to have the job completed by skilled experts, but some DIYers might want to handle it on their own.
- Need to sign a contract: You will usually need to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This may be satisfactory for numerous residents as home security is a service you will want for the long haul.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Chandler
Here’s a brief overview of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t have a monitoring fee.
- Install yourself: DIYers may think of this as a benefit as they can handle the installation themselves and circumvent an added charge. Other residents will wish to use a skilled technician.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You may integrate equipment whenever you want - and from different manufacturers. Taking that into account, you may find assembling into a cohesive system more challenging.
- You’re always in charge: You won’t have anyone else monitoring your home’s defense. If something happens, you’re in control of getting assistance.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What happens when you don’t have your smartphone and don’t get a security notification? This scenario will generate more stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Calls for your total attention: As you are the sole person in charge, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you need assistance during the installation, you may have to pay for a separate service professional. The installation process is also likely to be slower.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Chandler
Get the 24-hour support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Chandler from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a cohesive, monitored system is the ideal option for your family. Call (480) 608-0063 today to speak with our security experts.